Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 27, 2009

First Hike


It was a stunning day yesterday - temps near seventy, nice breeze, few bugs. Doesn't getmuch better than that.



With all the elements in place, we set off for our first hike of the season, a little trek down the beach path at Medomak Camp, ending at the lake with a snack picnic. Due to my children's love of the water, the snack part was rather brief, and our beach stay consisted mostly of Logan doing his "I'm a limp noodle so you can't pick me up" trick in an effort to run into the lake, and me doing my best to prevent this.






When we returned from the woods portion of the hike, Brody and Logan turned around and were ready to go back to the beach. After a little battle of wills, I tried the old reverse-psychology, "I'm going home now"...doesn't work well with my kids...here, Brody was saying " Okay, bye-bye Mommy."

No comments: